Monday, August 12, 2019

Blogger goes missing for 2 years!!


Welcome, it is so good to be back. 
Now grab a glass of wine or a cup of tea because I have a story to tell.  



You could say reading, books, blogging, and events used to be my life, my love, okay my obsession, but soon I found that my personal life was bleeding into my professional life and my love for books especially romance books changed. I had had enough and the stress of my life was becoming too much so I dropped it all and walked away.  Just like that! I closed my laptop, deactivate my accounts and cleaned out and boxed up my swag, books, and memories. Why you may ask? You see the love and a happy ever after wasn't in the cards for me at least not any more so I sure as hell didn't want to read about or even look at it on my computer. 
For the longest time, I wouldn't even think to look at a romance book. To do so would actually cause me to tear up and think of how hopeless everything had become.  
How can a devoted romance blogger of 7 years just decide to give up on romance? How did a woman so in love with romance and her happy ever after giving up on her chance of it happening? 
Well after many years of loving, laughing and crying with just one man, the man my Mr. Man a bomb was dropped on us that turned my entire world upside down and tore me apart, and that bomb was cancer.


The pain and hurt I have gone through over the last 7 years now consumes my mind and weighs heavy on my heart.  Now is the time to set it free and begin to heal. 


Everyone says write what you love, write what you know, write what is in your heart. 
I have found my story and although it may not be a storybook happy ever after, it’s my happy ever after and a real-life romance. 


EXCERPT: Unedited (My thoughts put to paper for the first time)
"You see Cancer is a disease.  A disease that not just infects and festers inside the person that it has its grasp on, it spreads out beyond that persons touching, tearing and destroy everything in its path.  Cancer consumes by weaving in and out through families, friends, and coworkers doing its damndest to take, take, take, and take it did. Cancer took my best-friend, took my marriage, took the man I loved.  It ripped a hole in my chest and turned me into a hateful, angry, woman. I mentally shut down so fast the day we got the news I began to question my sanity. How was I going to do this? How could I be strong enough for both of us?  How could this be happening? One word rang out in my mind “disconnect” and that’s what I did, I stopped feeling and started doing. At my husbands' request, we protected everyone we could from the news. Our daughter, family, friends, and co-workers were all kept in the dark.  My husbands' bandaid for every problem in life, just ignore it and it will go away. So I played along to put on a smile built my walls of defense and pushed forward. Everything was fine, nothing to see here, all is perfectly normal. That’s when it happened, the darkness, cancers touch claimed me and it worked its way through me. Denial, regret, fear, heartache, loneliness, rage and anger became my everyday life.   Every day I knew we grew closer to the end. Everyday I knew that I would have to say goodbye and everyday the thought of losing the man who made me light up when he walked into a room was killing me like the cancer growing inside of him."
Title: Our Story
Author: S.D. Reed
Release: TBD

Please keep visiting and stop by my facebook and blog page for more excerpts, updates or just to say "hi".  I would love to hear from you and find out about all those book boyfriends I have missed over the years.   Thank you all for joining me on the journey and those who have encouraged me to just do it, do it and don't look back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment